by improving education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
The Young Researchers Forum (YRF) is an exciting pre-conference event which will be taking place on Wednesday 20th November 2019 before the main Digital Public Health (DPH) and European Public Health (EPH) 2019 conferences open, in Marseille, France.
ASPHER, in collaboration with other colleagues, is carrying out a brief survey of the Schools of Public Health and other bodies involved with education and training in public health ethics in Europe to better understand current activities, views and perspectives on the issue. This understanding will assist in considering options for further development of education and training in public health ethics.
The InfAct - Joint Action on Health Information project is collecting information based on the opinion of Public Health experts aimed at characterizing existing capacities and training needs for the use and management of health information by public health professionals in EU Member States and associated countries.
ECDC-ASPHER Webinar Series
The ECDC-ASPHER Webinar Series is looking for Candidate Presenters!
Click here to submit your proposal by 1 July 2019.
Description: This series of webinars will address a number of topics in a logical sequence covering innovative, prevention and control strategies in the area of communicable diseases.
Aim: Reach all professionals spread across the EU territory interested in scientific fields related to infectious diseases prevention and control with Inspiring and innovative methods and strategies.
Format: Publicly open webinars with 30 min presentation + 30 min question session facilitated by the ECDC public health training section.
Benefits for participants:
1. Become aware of the scientific state-of-the-art methods and strategies
2. Update existing knowledge
3. Expand the professional network
1. ASPHER makes a call to the experts in its network of Members and Partners requesting volunteers to present a topic on the webinar series following the announcement in the Deans meeting in May 2019.
2. Title, short description and related publication are submitted to the ECDC Virtual Academy before 1 July 2019.
3. The proposals are analysed by an ECDC-ASPHER scientific committee which selects and structures the topics in a logical sequence.
4. Logistics and availability restrictions are assessed.
5. The Webinar series starts in October and runs every two weeks until March 2020.