by improving education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
ASPHER welcomes the Swiss decision in favour of tobacco control /against the presence of Philip Morris International as a main sponsor of the Swiss Pavilion, EXPO 2020
WORKING GROUP ON UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES IN PUBLIC HEALTH
The ‘Undergraduate Public Health Education in Europe’ task force’ aims include:
1. to create and disseminate knowledge about current and best practices among public health bachelor degree training programmes in public health across Europe;
2. to promote collaboration initiatives on bachelor programmes across Europe among academic institutions;
3. to support institutions to establish bachelor programmes;
3. to generate knowledge on career progression and employability resources for graduates; and
4. to define core competencies for bachelor graduates to foster employability and accreditation of bachelor programmes.
The group carried out a survey to examine the undergraduate training in public health, including the ongoing and planned bachelor programmes in Europe to analyse and reflect on their curricula and contents, and to ascertain their need for support in defining best practice and core competences for bachelor graduates to foster employability and accreditation of bachelor programmes. The results are still to be documented in a report with the tentative title “Recommendations for bachelor programmes in public health”.
The final and main output of the study will be a Recommended Core Curriculum in Public Health grounded on a cohesive and integrative definition of the core knowledge and skills of public health practitioners at bachelor level in the European Region.