by improving education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
This is Public Health (TIPH)
ASPHER encourages all our Members to brand their public health activities with the TIPH logo. Exclusively available to our Members, TIPH helps build awareness of what our SPH's contribute to the health of the public!
2019-2020 TIPH Europe Campaign Links
Find out more about the accomplishment and links to material from each 2019-2020 TIPH Europe Campaign
Talk Public Health podcasts available here:
Apple Podcasts: bit.ly/talkpublichealth_ApplePodcasts
Campaign Website (in Hebrew)
Campaign Videos (with English subtitles)
TIPH Northern Italy
LinkedIn: @Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego UJ CM w Krakowie
YouTube: @Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego UJ CM
Article about the campaign (in Italian)
The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER) launched a new This is Public Health-Europe campaign challenge in 2019 to communicate the message of the importance of public health. The overall objective is to enhance the visibility of public health and opportunities for careers in public health careers for the benefit of our populations. Such an effort should also increase the level of interest among potential students to pursue public health education/training to reinforce the current public health workforce.
ASPHER sounded the rallying cry to build awareness by launching locally-driven campaigns during the 2019-2020 academic year. We’re challenging students, faculty and administrators at schools of public health around Europe to develop communications campaigns that help raise awareness about public health and how it affects our lives – of which we received a lot of excellent applications and are excited to be able to have had such a positive response for the call with a wide range of exciting and enriching proposals from our member schools.
We are happy to announce the 5 winners of the 2019 challenge, that will receive grants, which include:
- An award to execute the campaigns (maximum award: $5,000)
- 2,000 removable stickers that say “This is Public Health”
- Digital images of This is Public Health stickers in multiple languages
- This is Public Health post cards will also available upon request
- Opportunity to present at ASPHER annual meeting in May 2020 (Bulgaria)
- Feature recognition in ASPHER’s website and publications
- Feature recognition in ASPPH’s (USA) website and publications
These winners will develop and execute grassroots campaign to raise awareness of public health in their communities between September 1, 2019 and May 1, 2020. The winners are:
- Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Hebrew University-Hadassah,
- Department of International Health, CAPHRI, University of Maastricht,
- Faculty of Public Health, Sofia Medical University.
- School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR), University of Sheffield.
- School of Public Health, University Vita-Salute San Raffaele Milan.
In addition, ASPHER was able to secure partial awards ($2,000 each), of which - Krakow Institute of Public Health - Faculty of Health Sciences. Jagiellonian University, University of Bologna - School of Public Health and the Faculty of Public Health, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, are confirmed, recipients.
Please find the Updates of Activities of TIPH Campaign here.
We encourage all our members to keep the momentum for the This Is Public Health (TIPH) - Europe campaign going, in order to enhance the visibility of public health and opportunities for careers in public health careers for the benefit of our population. Please find the "How to join the TIPH-Europe campaign" toolkit here
Finally, anticipate the call for proposals in 2020!