by improving education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
ASPHER welcomes the Swiss decision in favour of tobacco control /against the presence of Philip Morris International as a main sponsor of the Swiss Pavilion, EXPO 2020
This is Public Health (TIPH)
The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER) launched a new This is Public Health-Europe campaign challenge in 2019 to communicate the message of the importance of public health. The overall objective is to enhance the visibility of public health and opportunities for careers in public health careers for the benefit of our populations. Such an effort should also increase the level of interest among potential students to pursue public health education/training to reinforce the current public health workforce.
ASPHER sounded the rallying cry to build awareness by launching a locally-driven campaigns during the 2019-2020 academic year. We’re challenged students, faculty and administrator at schools of public health around Europe to develop communications campaigns that help raise awareness about public health and how it affects our lives – of which we received a lot of excellent applications and are excited to be able to have had such a positive response for the call with a wide range of exciting and enriching proposals from our member schools.
We are happy to announce the 5 winners of the 2019 challenge, that will recieve grants, which include:
- An award to execute the campaigns (maximum award: $5,000)
- 2,000 removable stickers that say “This is Public Health”
- Digital images of This is Public Health stickers in multiple languages
- This is Public Health post cards will also available upon request
- Opportunity to present at ASPHER annual meeting in May 2020 (Bulgaria)
- Feature recognition in ASPHER’s website and publications
- Feature recognition in ASPPH’s (USA) website and publications
These winners will develop and execute grassroots campaign to raise awareness of public health in their communities between September 1, 2019 and May 1, 2020. The winners are:
- Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Hebrew University-Hadassah,
- Department of International Health, CAPHRI, University of Maastricht,
- Faculty of Public Health, Sofia Medical University.
- School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR), University of Sheffield.
- School of Public Health, University Vita-Salute San Raffaele Milan.
Congratulations to you all, we eagerly await the start of their projects.
To see what projects these winners will be devoping, please find their proposals here.
We encourage all our members to keep the momentum for the This Is Public Health (TIPH) - Europe campaign going. In order to enhance the visibility of public health and opportunities for careers in public health careers for the benefit of our population. And finally to anticipate the call for proposals in 2020.