by improving education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
Deans' & Directors' Retreat - Erice, Sicily
26-29 May 2019
Ashkelon and Tel Aviv, Israel, November 2018
Ljubljana, Slovenia 2018
Milan, October 2015
ASPHER is launching a new This is Public Health-Europe campaign challenge to communicate the message of the importance of public health. The overall objective is to enhance the visibility of public health and opportunities for careers in public health careers for the benefit of our populations. Such an effort should also increase the level of interest among potential students to pursue public health education/training to reinforce the current public health workforce.
ASPHER is sounding the rallying cry to build awareness by launching a locally-driven campaigns during the 2019-2020 academic year. We’re challenging students, faculty and administrators at schools of public health around Europe to develop communications campaigns that help raise awareness about public health and how it affects our lives – and winners of the proposal process will receive small grants to execute their ideas.
Four universities reflecting the geographic distribution of the European region will be selected to develop and execute a grassroots campaign to raise awareness of public health in your community between September 1, 2019 and May 1, 2020.
- An award to execute the campaigns (maximum award: $5,000)
- 2,000 removable stickers that say “This is Public Health”
- Digital images of This is Public Health stickers in multiple languages
- This is Public Health post cards will also available upon request
- Opportunity to present at ASPHER annual meeting in May 2020 (Bulgaria)
- Feature recognition in ASPHER’s website and publications
- Feature recognition in ASPPH’s (USA) website and publications
Full submission guidelines are available here.
Proposals should be sent to ASPHER at TIPH@aspher.org
no later than July 15, 2019.
For information or questions, contact Robert Otok at email@example.com