by improving education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
Deans' & Directors' Retreat - Erice, Sicily
26-29 May 2019
Ashkelon and Tel Aviv, Israel, November 2018
Ljubljana, Slovenia 2018
The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER) is looking for a part-time ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our Brussels office.
ASPHER is an international non-profit NGO dedicated to strengthening the role of public health by improving education and training. We are a small office representing a unique organisation made up of great academic member organisations with an exciting and timely agenda.
You should have a high level of adaptability, be able to work within a team to ensure efficient operation of the office, and maintain friendly interactions with ASPHER’s diverse membership.
Your duties and responsibilities will include providing administrative support to other office employees through a variety of tasks related to organisation and communication, some of which may be confidential and time sensitive. Specific duties will include:
- handling and directing incoming communications, managing files, updating paperwork and other documents;
- organising appointments, meetings, travel and events (booking conference calls, hotels, taxis, etc);
- written English for correspondence, minutes, assisting preparation of reports/newsletter;
- creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases (incl. ASPHER website, online directory, contact lists);
- prepare and monitor invoices;
- maintaining contact with regular subcontracted services (e.g. book keeping, finance and tax advisor and legal services);
- performing other general office clerk duties (e.g. organising office common areas, resolving administrative problems).
The ideal candidate will have experience as an office assistant or related function requiring strong organisation and planning skills, excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize work with attention to detail and problem solving. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly in English, with French or Dutch familiarity required for navigating administration of activities in the Brussels environment.
One year part-time contract with possibility to extend, incentives to be tailored to candidate profile.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com.